Who are FOAS?
All parents, carers and staff are automatically members of Friends of Alverton School, and we are very keen for as many as possible to get actively involved. Our aims are to add value to the experience of Alverton children through activities and resources. Regular events are the Summer and Christmas Fairs, termly discos and the Duck Race, which provide a huge amount of fun, as well as useful funds. Recent purchases include: two table tennis tables, and the wicker tipis and “investigation station” in the Early Years outdoor area. We also subsidise school trips to make them more affordable for children and their families.
All sorts of help is needed, such as:
- occasional serving teas/coffees & refreshments at events
- occasional helping with projects such as creating outdoor play or learning areas
- helping with our Facebook page, or designing flyers for us
- running your own activity or fundraising idea (new ideas are VERY welcome)
- helping organise key events (Fairs, discos etc)
- doing a year on the FOAS Committee, where we make decisions about funding and other matters (approx. 3 meetings per year, plus AGM in September, plus a little extra work in between)
Being involved in FOAS means that YOUR child or children will directly benefit from your efforts, and also, it is a great way to get to know the school community, and sometimes, to make friends. You will not be asked to do more than you can manage, and we really hope that people will get involved in activities that they enjoy. Please let us know if you have particular skills or interests that could be helpful.
The current committee is: TBC. Talk to us if you see us, leave a message in Reception for us, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org