- If there is change in your address or telephone number please inform the office immediately, as we may need to contact you in an emergency.
- Please telephone or send a note if your child is suffering from any infectious illness - if in doubt, please ask in the office for advice.
- Please inform us if your child has Head Lice ("nits").
- First aid is given in the event of an accident, but if a doctor’s or hospital visit is thought to be necessary, where possible, you will be contacted.
- Please inform us if your child suffers from asthma.
- The school cannot give medicines unless parents fill in a form. The form is available at the office.
- Please bring the exact dose in a sealed container. We do not administer aspirins.
- The school nurse will make an appointment to see your child in the first year at school. You are invited to attend.
- Please contact the school if you have any worries about your child’s sight, hearing or speech development, as a problem with any of these could affect your child’s learning.
Medical / Dental Appointments
We encourage parents to make medical and dental appointments out of school hours where possible. Where this is not possible, the pupil should be out of school for the minimum amount of time necessary. Parents must report to the office and the secretary will bring your child to you in reception.
Attendance and Absences
Regular attendance is required and parents should try to make every effort to ensure children are not late.
Parents are requested to notify the school of their child’s absence by phone, letter or email. Parents must notify the school on the first day of an unplanned absence – for example, if their child is unable to attend due to ill health – by 8.30am or as soon as practically possible. If we do not hear from you, we will contact you to discuss.
We ask you to inform the office on the first day of absence that your child will be away. If we do not hear from you we will contact you on day 3 to discuss. Unexplained absences will be classed as unauthorised.
Please see the office if you need to request a leave of absence for health reasons. If your child has to leave school early for any reason, please inform the school office in advance and make sure the child is collected from reception. No child should leave the school premises during school hours unless accompanied by a parent or an authorised adult.
Fist aid equipment is kept throughout the school and the majority of staff are trained in First Aid Procedure
It is very important that the secretary is made aware of your telephone number at home and at work, or an alternative method of contacting a parent should the occasion arise.
Individual Health Care Plan
If your child has a medical condition that may require an Individual Healthcare Plan, please arrange an appointment to see Mrs Hughes.