We recognise that parents are children’s first and most enduring educators, and we value the contribution they make. We recognise the role that parents play, as well as their future role, in educating the children. We do this through:
- Having regular child meetings with Parents and carers throughout their time in nursery and reception.
- Staff engage and communicate with parents/carers during face-to-face handovers in the morning and afternoon.
- Weekly newsletters written every Friday by the class teacher/room lead, sharing the week’s learning, photographs and links to support learning at home.
- Using the Famly app throughout Nursery to keep in contact with parents and carers.
- Encouraging nursery parents to contribute to the child’s FAMLY profile by including WOW moments from home and sharing special events in family life.
- Parents receive a report on their child’s attainment at the end of each school year in both preschool and reception classes.
- Parents are encouraged to talk to the child’s teacher if there are any concerns
- Arranging a range of activities throughout the year that encourage collaboration between children, school and parents through open afternoons, parent phonics workshops, Christmas Nativity, Sports Day, charity events and other school events.
- A transition programme where parents are involved in supporting their children transition within the nursery classes and from preschool to reception.